Assistant Morgantown Farmers’ Market Manager
The Morgantown Farmers’ Market Growers Association’s (MFMGA) purpose is to provide area farmers with alternative opportunities through a retail marketplace and also encourage regional farming. Our commitment is to provide the consumers with fresh, locally grown or produced products in a convenient location. MFMGA operates a year-round farmers market in downtown Morgantown. More about our markets: www.morgantownfarmersmarket.org.
The Assistant Morgantown Farmers’ Market Manager is responsible for assisting the Market Manager in the operation of weekly market functions with applicable rules and standards. The Assistant Morgantown Farmers’ Manager will apply knowledge to promote positive growth and development of the market, ensuring the facility maintains appropriate standards for condition and sanitation, and provides oversight and accountability on market days with highest respect to safety and well-being of market customers. The Assistant Morgantown Farmers’ Market Manager performs duties under the general direction of the Market Manager and the Morgantown Farmers Market Growers’ Association Board of Directors (BOD).
- Assists the Market Manager in organizing and maintaining a Market Booth to provide information and inventory to customers as well as any other daily functions deemed suitable.
- Assists the Market Manager to manage market operations including but not limited to: market booth and vendor space set up and clean up, assistance to customers, addressing vendor needs and concerns, enforcing market rules and safety policies.
- Conducts observations of market products to provide vital information to customers. Monitors market to ensure vendor compliance with any and all applicable By-Laws, market rules, and Food Handlers guidelines.
- Maintain good communication with Market Manager and BOD and inform them of any expected absences or problems.
- Substitute for Market Manager when needed at the Saturday Downtown Market.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the BOD.
- General knowledge of agriculture, food, and the overall industry consistent with the position.
- Good communication and people management skills, included use of email and phone communications.
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems and identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
- Capability to manage entire cycle of operation of a farmers market, including facility management; supply management; program development; implementation; and oversight.
Conditions of the Contract:
The Assistant Morgantown Farmers’ Market Manager is expected to attend all weekly Saturday Summer markets, 7:30am-12:30pm or as directed by the Market Manager, and occasionally substitute for the market manager at the Winter market.
$50 / market day worked
How to apply: Send the following to email@example.com by April 3, 2019: 1) cover letter (explaining your interest in this position and why you are a good candidate) and 2) resume